24 December 2006
The Hill Lighthouse
This lighthouse was commissioned in 1861 and was used until 1973. It is situated in Port Elizabeth City Centre. As the town grew the city lights decreased the effectiveness of the lighthouse so it was replaced with the Deal Lighthouse. (Previously blogged by Gavin) It is now a tourist attraction. It has seven levels, easy to get to and has a small entrance fee.
Posted by Joe Viljoen at 5:35 pm