31 October 2006
Cape Hermes Lighthouse
This lighthouse is situated at Port St Johns. It is named after HMS Hermes. It is a stone structure with an octagonal dolomite tower. (Quarried nearby)
The lighthouse keeper, Hazel Mjoji has been there since 20 December 1976 and took over from his father who was the lighthouse keeper.
It was commissioned on 01-05-1903. Easy to drive to.
Posted by Joe Viljoen at 7:55 p.m.